Monday, January 7, 2013

The Pendulum and Galileo

This is a youtube video that I found very helpful in our Force and Motion Unit.  I had the students experiment the day before watching it with their own pendulums.  I gave them all the same length of string to hang from their desks and 10 washers from the hardware store.  They started with 5 washers, then 10 washers.  When they were done with that part I asked them to try it again, however this time I asked them to change the distance they were pulling back and dropping from.  I read the Science Mystery Grandfather's Clock and then gave them a shorter string to use with the washers.  It worked great and they were able to see with their own eyes the change.





I hope everyone had a great Monday----------I'm a very tired teacher this evening.  Waking up at 5:00 A.M. is hard after sleeping in during the break.





No comments:

Post a Comment