Tuesday, July 30, 2013



Zippity doo dah, Zippity aye,
My oh my what a wonderful day


Deb at Crafting Connections nominated me for the
 

What is a Liebster Award?
It is an award given to "up and coming" bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
What does Liebster stand for?
Liebster is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.  Wow---I feel special !!
 
          To accept Deb's nomination, I have to do the following:
1.  Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2.  Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3.  Answer the questions posed by my nominator.
4.  Share 11 random facts about myself.
5.  Create 11 questions for my nominees.
6.  Contact my nominees to let them know I nominated them.
 
Deb's questions with my answers
 
Random Facts:
     1.  I owned a restaurant. (10-12 years ago)
     2.  I sold everything I owned, packed up my clothing and moved to Florida 5 years ago.
     3.  I was all situated in a 2nd grade classroom and BOOM--10 day count--I was forced to pack up, move schools and start teaching a third grade class.  All in 1 week.
     4.  I love to craft and try to do fun things in the classroom.
     5.  I love tools.  There is nothing like cleaning and organizing my toolbox.
     6.  I'm beginning to "flip" my Math class.
     7.  I don't like sweets.
     8.  I sit in the exact same spot every Sunday at church.
     9.  I ♥ the Bachelor and Bachelorette show.
    10.  I have a 22 year old son.
    11.  I use Skittles as a reward in the classroom and am always amazed at what a student will do for one teeny tiny Skittle.
 
My Questions:
     1.  Are you teaching in the state that you grew up in?
     2.  If you were to change occupations, what would your next choice be?
     3.  How many states have you visited?
     4.  Are you a healthy eater or do you lean toward the junk food side?
     5.  How long have you been teaching?
     6.  What will you miss most about summer ending?
     7.  What piece of technology is your favorite?
     8.  How long have you been blogging?
     9.  How many hours a week do you commit to school work? (Above the normal 40)
    10.  Do you have a favorite quote?
    11.  What is your favorite read-aloud book?



~~~Now for the Nominees~~~

The Science Life by Emily
Lipstick, Lattes, and Lesson Plans by Elizabeth
Dots and Decimals by Candace
First in Fourth by Ellen

While looking through blogs, I tried to find blogs that I personally hadn't looked at before and that hadn't previously received a Liebster Award---I think it is great to spread the word.



 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your answers, Debbie! I cannot imagine packing everything up and moving schools within 10 days - not to mention embarking upon teaching an entirely different grade! I guess it's like that saying - "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"! Wowzers!
    And I love being creative in the classroom, too. Best wishes on the upcoming school year!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete