Thursday, August 1, 2013



 
This is my very first CURRENTLY---Let's Parrrty
 
I have been a spectator--yep, sitting on the side lines and NOW that is changing, I'm linking up with Farley the
of Currently
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~And here it is~~~~~~~~~~~~~


1.  Listening to music--wow that does a spirit and soul some good
 
2.  Love the chair covers that I made and posted about--hoping that I can be a blessing to my friend with her set.
 
3.  Thinking about how jealous I am of teachers that can get into their rooms and work before the mandated return date.  My room is used by a summer camp, so I literally pack up EVERYTHING every year and move 100% out of my classroom, this includes, desks, bookcases, library, manuals, games, file cabinets---EVERYTHING!  When teachers return the week before school, I am busy putting everything back together.  Now.....the good part = I can't become a hoarder and everything is  organized again as I put it away.  Always look for the positive.

 4.  I am wanting to get an IPad (oops I see that I wrote IPOD above) or a tablet.  I'm looking at the Surface RT, any comments you have or recommendations would be great.  I would like to run Doceri, which only works with Apple right now, but it says on their website that they will soon have a windows version.

5.  I need to write lesson plans, but still feel confused with all of the new CCSS stuff.

6.  Must have Skittles.  These little itty bitty pieces of candy work like magic for behavior and as an incentive to get things done.  I give one--yes 1--Skittle at a time and the students love it.  I am a huge coffee drinker, so I need my coffee supply full and of course, every teacher needs flair Pens.


Lovin blogin, but wow it takes time

post signature

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I totally debated putting skittles! If there was a number 4, skittles would be on my B2S must haves! :)

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I just found another 5th grade blog to follow from Farley's linky! I use Skittles for an incentive also. I bought a gumball machine that is motion sensored. Kids wave their hand to get their reward. Some get one or two, others get a handful. The lucky ones almost always share!
    marciahoj@gmail.com
    Learning in Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do jellybeans instead of skittles and you're right, 1 little bitty candy can influence greatly!
    ~Christy
    Mrs. Holder’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, don't be jealous of teachers that can get in...use the time for YOU. Today was our first day allowed in and I was all gung-ho about it and decided not to go in after all! It'll all get done. I enjoyed myself on my patio. We finally had a nice, warm sunny day.
    I'm your newest follower!
    I'm having a giveaway...ends tomorrow, you should stop by if you have a chance...
    "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be frustrating moving furniture in and out! At my building our classrooms are all tile floors so EVERYTHING must go out into the hallway. Takes a few weeks of wax and cleaning but we do get to go back in July if we need to. Here's to staying positive and starting this year with some fresh-new ideas!
    Happy Friday,
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Christian radio, too - it IS so uplifting! And I couldn't agree more that coffee is a BTS must-have! Enjoy your weekend! ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete